Ghana’s fashion industry is thriving with an array of talented designers who have made their mark both locally and internationally.
These designers are known for their unique styles, exquisite craftsmanship, and innovative designs that showcase the rich cultural heritage of Ghana.
Here are the top 10 fashion designers in Ghana.
• Cecil Duddley Mends: Cecil Duddley Mends is a sought-after fashion designer recognized for his intricately tailored suits, and academic gowns, creating one-of-a-kind pieces that celebrate Ghanaian culture.
• Kofi Okyere Darko: Kofi Okyere Darko is the CEO of the clothing line, Nineteen 57, and the founder of the annual fashion and music event, Rhythms on Da Runway.
• Joyce Ababio: Joyce Ababio is known for her unique take on contemporary fashion, incorporating vibrant prints and bold silhouettes into her designs.
• Ophelia Crossland: With a focus on luxury and elegance, Ophelia Crossland’s designs showcase impeccable craftsmanship and attention to detail.
• Aisha Ayensu: Aisha Ayensu is a Ghanaian award-winning fashion designer who is known to have designed outfits and stage costumes for Beyonce, Genevieve Nnaji, Jackie Appiah and Sandra “Alexandrina” Don-Arthur.
• Chloe Asaam: Chloe Asaam is a fashion designer and program manager for the OR Foundation, an organization focused on addressing fast fashion waste in Ghana, such as markets like Kantamanto Market.
• Abrantie the Gentleman: This menswear brand, founded by Oheneba Yaw Boamah, combines traditional African fabrics with modern tailoring, redefining men’s fashion in Ghana.
• Sima Brew: Sima Brew is a fashion designer, specializing in glamorous and statement-making red carpet dresses and bridal gowns.
• Elikem Kumordzie: Known for his edgy and avant-garde designs, Elikem Kumordzie pushes boundaries with his unique and daring approach to fashion.
• Chocolate by Kwaku Bediako: Chocolate by Kwaku Bediako is a menswear brand that embodies elegance and sophistication, offering tailored suits and contemporary African-inspired clothing.